Thursday, February 16, 2012

What Quadrant am I?!?

As I'm thinking back on my lessons I am getting a little bit disappointed. Most of my lessons the majority of my lessons are about getting the information and memorizing it. But memorizing it in a different way. I teach a foreign language so my students have to memorize their vocabulary. But they have to retain it. Most of my lessons are in quadrant one with a lot of repetition and practice. Then we skip right to quadrant 4 and create with the new vocabulary. 
In my FLEX classes I normally stay in the mid- quadrants. Lower when we're working with language and then higher when we are doing cultural activities. I guess that's just the way language learning is. It might seem like a lower quadrant but the kids are using their brains in a different way. Language learning should be in it's own quadrant. That's all there is to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment