I have a student in one of my classes that is your classic disorganized, day dreamer. He is distracted easily, can not sit still, and needs to have something occupying his thoughts at all times or else he's lost for good. Home work is never done and notes are lost instantly. He is great with class work though. He will be one of the first students finished with an activity. He's good with technology so right off the bat I think that this student would benifit from his own personal computer or ipad for class. His work would be saved and notes would always be there for him. It is also a switch up from using paper and pensil all the time. There are two apps that I can use with him in class. Since he can never hold on the notes very well I would want him to use something like Popplet. Popplet is a nice little organizational tool that I think would be good for note taking.
Here's a Popplet that I made while car shopping awhile back:

We went with the Prius.
I think he could also benefit from using Office HD to do his work and also Audio Note. In Audio Note the student can type out their sentences or paragraph and then record themselves saying it. This would be perfect for helping him correct some of his grammar. He always wants to shout out the answer but there's always a tiny problem with his grammar. So this app would help.
No comments:
Post a Comment